Number of posts : 101
    Registration date : 2008-02-21

Additions to 17 and 20

Post by Dave McCoy on Wed 18 Jun 2008 - 2:52

I propose an addition to 17 and 20

17 No law can have retroaction.

I suggest an additional paragraph -

17 No law can have retroaction, unless so stated in the Constitution
    17.1 Violations of 20 are not covered by the Law of retroaction. This is to clearly separate eNorwegian industry and companies from politics.
    -----
    20 None political party can use the same name, logo or other criterion as a company, founded in eNorway. All established political parties is protected, and cant be used by the industry.

I suggest changing the writings -

20 None political party can use the same name, logo or other criterion as a company, founded in eNorway. All established political parties is protected, and cant be used by the industry. This law has retroactive effect as stated in 17.1

-----

I believe the government should not be affiliated with the commercial eNorway in any way, same with religion. And 20 should definitely not fall under the law of retroaction because of this. We need clear lines between our politics and our commercial interests.

Could this be formulated better, or is it good as it stands,perhaps in need of some changes or more additions?
    Salve
    Retired party leader
    Retired party leader

Number of posts : 233
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Re: Additions to 17 and 20

Post by Salve on Wed 18 Jun 2008 - 4:43

Dave McCoy wrote:
    I believe the government should not be affiliated with the commercial eNorway in any way, same with religion. And 20 should definitely not fall under the law of retroaction because of this. We need clear lines between our politics and our commercial interests.

I couldn't agree more with everything you just said. As far as the retroaction of the law, as I've said before it is obvious that the authors of the Constitution recognized the use of names like Binary Group's was unethical and therefore the practice should be outlawed. Why then should BG be allowed to continue operating under the Binary name?

Unfortunately the authors did leave the issue very vague. While I agree that the retroactive part does not in fact cover Binary Group companies from continuing to operate as "Binary ...", (only exempting them from punishment for operating as such in the past) the interpretation that BP reads into the phrase does understandably hold water to a large portion of the public. This status quo cannot be allowed to continue however. Our only options are to rectify this injustice by changing the wording of these sections to reflect the way we believe they were intended, or remove 20 completely and not support this monopoly of naming rights (Obviously the latter is the last resort). Fortunately I think that TT, and ImP, will side with us with your proposed changes and not force us to propose removing 20 completely.

Hereby I second Dave's proposal to amend 17:

17 No law can have retroaction, unless so stated in the Constitution

also the proposal to add 17.1:

17.1 Violations of 20 are not covered by the Law of retroaction. This is to clearly separate eNorwegian industry and companies from politics.

and to amend 20 to read as follows:

20 None political party can use the same name, logo or other criterion as a company, founded in eNorway. All established political parties is protected, and cant be used by the industry. This law has retroactive effect as stated in 17.1

Lastly I would like to see us adopt the following policy as a last resort if we are unable to gain the needed support to change these sections as listed above:

The Golden Party proposes to have 20 stricken from the Constitution as we feel that it promotes an unhealthy and unfair environment under the status quo

How does everyone else feel about this.
    Dave McCoy
    The Party President
    The Party President

Post by Dave McCoy on Wed 18 Jun 2008 - 16:55

Even better, clearly you are better than me when it comes to formulations. Very Happy

I support this proposal to the fullest.

foxx0
    Congress member
    Congress member

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2008-05-25

Post by foxx0 on Wed 18 Jun 2008 - 18:53

This sounds great! I really hope we can get this thru!
    Dave McCoy
    The Party President
    The Party President

Post by Dave McCoy on Sun 22 Jun 2008 - 16:50

I've added our suggestions for paragraphs 4, 17 and 20 in congress.

Constitution, Changes, Discussion before voting.
    Salve
    Retired party leader
    Retired party leader

Number of posts : 233
    Registration date : 2008-05-13

Post by Salve on Sun 22 Jun 2008 - 17:42

Very Good

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 21 Nov 2018 - 17:26